Swap a cucumber for a Gin & Tonic at 10 Copenhagen bars
This afternoon, Hendrick's Gin pays tribute to the noble but humble vegetable - the cucumber - by making it the most coveted currency in Copenhagen. That is, if you're going to a cocktail bar. At a number of the city's bars you can use the green currency to buy a Hendrick's Gin & Tonic.
The concept of ‘Happy Hour’ has gradually become a relic of the 90s, and you no longer experience it so often in the city. But this afternoon, between 4pm and 5pm, you can experience the “Cucumber Hour” when Hendrick’s Gin celebrates the green vegetable and a selection of bars pour a Gin & Tonic for a cucumber in exchange.
It’s not entirely coincidental that Hendrick’s is celebrating the cucumber. It plays a very special role in the distillation of their gin, and Hendrick’s has its extraordinary rounded but complex taste from rose flowers and cucumbers. Therefore, it is quite right to accompany a Hendrick’s cocktail with a slice of the green vegetable, which adds the very special characterful and subtle taste to the gin.
This is the second year in a row that Hendrick’s collaborates with a number of bars in Copenhagen that will facilitate the unorthodox transactions. Several cucumber currencies, both grape, school and Asian cucumbers, are valid and can be exchanged for a refreshing Hendrick’s Gin & Tonic in the ‘Cucumber Hour’, which lasts from 4pm to 5pm. The following bars are included:
- No Stress. Nørregade 26, 1165 København K
- TrykBar, Møntergade 2, 1116 København K
- Åbenbar, Frimestervej 2, 2400 København NV
- Broens Gadekøkken, Strandgade 95, 1401 København K
- Reffen, Refshalevej 167A, 1432 København K
- Restaurant Galionen Nyhavn, Nyhavn 23, 1151 København K
- 1105, Kirsten Bernikows Gade 4, 1105 København K
- 1656, Gasværksvej 33, 1656 København V
- Restaurant Gorilla, Flæsketorvet 53, 1711 København V
- Sidecar, Skyttegade 5, 2200 København N
NOTE: False cucumbers are not accepted.
READ ALSO: Satisfy your cravings for moules frites